by Steven Wong @steven_plays
- Tripp is a startup platform that aims to change people’s moods, headed by gaming industry veteran Nanea Reeves.
- Tripp’s launch product is a VR experience that combines visuals, audio and gameplay elements to relax users or it can get them ready workouts.
- The Tripp experience debuts in 2018 through pop-up lounges before officially launching in the spring.
- Tripp received $4 million in Series A funding from venture capitalist firm Mayfield.
- With the data it collects about VR’s emotional impacts, Tripp could expand beyond the gaming and VR market into a service.
There are plenty of games and media platforms that hope to make audiences feel different emotions, but new start-up company Tripp is using VR to take the concept to a whole new level.